Like foundations there are other professional organizations designed to assist you in funding research efforts. The professional organizations below have opportunities for awards, grants, scholarships, and other avenues to secure funding.
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- The AERA advances research in education by providing a community, awards for research efforts, fellows distinctions, and professional advancement.
- The AERA assists doctoral students by providing up to $25,000 one year support for large scale data studies. Outlines and applications for dissertation grants are found here: https://www.aera.net/Professional-Opportunities-Funding/AERA-Funding-Opportunities/Grants-Program/Dissertation-Grants
- For faculty, post doctoral students, and current doctoral students, the AERA can provide up to $35,000 from one-two years, for quantitative research studies using large data sets. Outlines and applications for research grants are found here: https://www.aera.net/Professional-Opportunities-Funding/AERA-Funding-Opportunities/Grants-Program/Research-Grants
- AERA has a minority dissertation fellowship in education research. For more information check out this link https://www.aera.net/Professional-Opportunities-Funding/AERA-Funding-Opportunities/Minority-Dissertation-Fellowship-Program